Terms & Conditions
Standard conditions relating to the placing of advertisements in any magazine published by Business Link Magazine Group.
1. The term 'Publisher' shall mean 'Business Link Magazine Group'.
2. The acceptance of advertisements for publication by the Publisher is upon the basis of these conditions and no modification or amendment thereto shall bind the Publisher unless agreed in writing by the Publisher.
3. The Publisher shall have at its absolute discretion, the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any advertisement for insertion and whether or not a series order has been accepted and partly executed.
4. The Publisher shall have at its absolute discretion the right to make any alteration they consider necessary or desirable in any advertisement or to require any artwork or copy to be amended to meet their approval and whether or not a series order has been accepted or partly executed.
5. The Publisher shall not be responsible or have any liability for error in the insertion of (or omission to insert) any advertisement or for any danger or loss of any drawings, photographs or other materials supplied for any purpose.
6. Advertisement Instructions are only accepted by the Publisher on the clear understanding that unless specific written instructions are given layouts will be at the discretion of the Publisher. All copy must be supplied clearly typed or written. The Publisher shall not be held responsible for any errors arising out of ambiguities. Similarly the Publisher shall not be held responsible for any ambiguous or unclear instructions written on artwork supplied. Where preparation of advertisements is undertaken by the Publisher, then the Publisher reserves the right to make an additional charge at the appropriate rate and payment shall be conditional to the Publisher's normal payment terms.
7. A single "Xerox" proof or email shall be supplied as text proof. The Publisher shall not be held responsible for any corrections to the text proof which are not supplied in writing. Changes on the text proof which are not corrections but afterthoughts will only be implemented if the schedule allows and may be subject to charge (see Section 4).
8. All advertisement instructions shall be delivered to the Publisher by the stated copy deadline date printed on the acknowledgement. Such copy shall be subject to the Publisher's approval (which shall not be unreasonably withheld). If such copy is not delivered within the agreed time or the Publisher reasonably withholds approval the Publisher shall have the right to produce the advertisement to the best of his abilities, and a text proof will be provided.
9. The Publisher shall not be bound by notice of stop orders, cancellations or transfer advertisements received outside of the stated cancellation time. To cancel or suspend an advertisement in colour, four weeks notice is required and in case of mono advertisements three weeks notice is required in writing before publication date. The advertiser may cancel within seven calendar days of the date of acknowledgement (see Section 15).
10. Any cancellation on contract series bookings or thereof will deem the advertiser or his agency liable to payment of the difference in the contract and standard rates as appropriate.
11. Control of quality is solely at the discretion of the Publisher. The Publisher undertakes to reproduce all transparencies and monotones to obtain the best possible result within limitations of the printing process using standard inks. Whilst printed to a high commercial standard, the reproduction of transparencies and monotones are not meant to be facsimile reproduction but rather an indication of the overall quality of the original.
12. The advertiser or his agent submitting the advertisement or instructions shall indemnify the Publisher in respect of costs, damages or other charges falling upon any of them as a result of legal action to the Publisher by the agency or the advertiser. In any case where a claim is made against the Publisher, the advertiser and/or agent may ultimately be liable under the terms of this condition. Notice in writing shall be given in order that consultations may proceed before any expense is incurred or the expense is settled, defended or otherwise disposed of to his/her detriment.
13. The Publisher shall have the right at any time to change in whole or in part their conditions of acceptance of advertisements and their scale of advertising rates, and to apply such changes and increased rates to advertisements (series or otherwise) accepted and not wholly executed at the time of any such change.
14. Payment of accounts shall be made within 14 days of tax point or no later than the 28th day of the same month of publication for companies operating a month end purchase ledger scheme. Failure to comply in accordance with this will render the advertiser or his agent liable to interest at 8% per annum pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984.
15. The Publisher will not be liable for any damage or loss caused or in any way arising out of late publication, non-publication or error in the publication of any advertisement.
16. Every effort will be made to publish at the time specified, however, the publication date of an issue is subject to amendment/cancellation by the Publisher or to such variation as they may find necessary without notice.
17. If no written correspondence is received within seven calendar days of Acknowledgement date, the Acknowledgement and its Conditions Of Acceptance herein will be deemed accepted. Any conditions stipulated in an advertisers order form or elsewhere by any agency or advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with the above conditions.