Over 150 guests attended the IoD East Midlands Director of the Year 2019 awards, held this year at Winstanley House in Leicestershire and hosted by Anne Davies.
The winners of the twelve categories will go forward to the IoD’s national finals in London on 18 October.
Ron Lynch, IoD East Midlands Regional Director said: “In a fast-paced and challenging business world it is great to see the effectiveness and entrepreneurial qualities of directors in the East Midlands. We have so many great businesses being run by excellent directors.”
Lincolnshire winners and highly-commended:
Bruce Spencer-Knott of Minster Surfacing won the Director of the Year in the Innovation category and said how important it was to attract the next generation into business.
Bill Skelly, Chief Constable of Lincolnshire Police was named Public Sector Director of the Year and said it was important to look outside of the organisation to the wider community.
Caroline Killeavy of the Lincolnshire YMCA won the Director of the Year Third Sector and paid tribute to the support of fellow Directors.
Naomi Watkins of NW Counselling Hub CIC won the Start Up category and said 2 years in it was great that a community interest company was recognised in the start up category.
Sean Ramsden of Ramsden International won the Large Business Award which was collected by Ruth Hargreaves who described him as an inspiration to work for.
Gary Headland of Lincoln College was highly commended in the International Category.
Award categories for 2019 and sponsors
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Sponsored by MAG East Midlands Airports Group
- Director of the Year Family Business – Sponsored by Nelsons Solicitors
- Director of the Year Inclusivity – sponsored by Kudos Technology
- Innovation Director – sponsored by Morningside Pharmaceuticals
- International Director – sponsored by Department for International Trade
- Non-Executive Director – sponsored by jch:wealth management
- Public Sector Director – sponsored by Chamber Media Services
- Third Sector Director – sponsored by Midlands Business Link magazine
- Start Up Director – sponsored by Winstanley House
- Young Director – sponsored by Orange Ball and Julian Webb – Change2Achieve Ltd
- SME Director – sponsored by Belvoir HR
- Director of the Year Large Business – sponsored by Quiet Storm Solutions