The East Midlands Bricks Awards, celebrating the outstanding work of those behind the changing landscape of our region, are back for 2019 and nominations are open.
Here are 5 top tips for a successful entry:
- Make you nomination compelling.
- Less is more – as often judges have to read a large number of nomination forms, no one wants to read “waffle” or an excessive use of jargon in an award entry, so be concise and specific with what you write.
- Use facts, statistics and key examples that support why a project, person or business should win an award, as they will make any statement you make much stronger.
- Make sure to read the criteria carefully to be sure that your nomination does in fact fit what is being looked for. Why not reflect on the projects that won last year to get an idea of whether your nomination reflects a certain category’s requirements.
- Finally, proofread your nomination and submit it on time!
To submit a nomination for the Bricks follow this link. Criteria and online entry forms can be found by clicking on the title of each award.
- Most Active agent
- Contractor of the year – sponsored by Frank Key
- Sustainable development of the year – sponsored by Forterra plc
- Residential development of the year – sponsored by Sterling Capital Reserve
- Developer of the year – sponsored by Ward Recycling
- Deal of the year – sponsored by Shakespeare Martineau
- Architects of the year – sponsored by Blueprint Interiors
- Excellence in design – sponsored by Harlequin Office Furniture
- Overall winner – sponsored by Streets Chartered Accountants
A glittering awards ceremony, revealing the winners, will be held on the 28th of March 2019, at the Trent Bridge Cricket Ground. Complimentary drinks and canapés will be served on arrival. Dress code is standard business suit, and there will be plenty of time for networking.
Book your place at the awards now to avoid disappointment!
4.30pm – Networking and Reception Drinks
5.30pm – Welcome and Awards Presentation
7.30pm – End of Formal Proceedings, guests and nominees are invited to stay and celebrate/network over drinks.
Thanks to all our sponsors: Frank Key, Forterra plc, Blueprint Interiors, Ward Recycling, Streets Chartered Accountants, Shakespeare Martineau, Sterling Capital Reserve, Harlequin Office Furniture and Trent Bridge Cricket Ground.